I am no longer a Virgo. According to astronomer Parke Kunkle, changes in the Earth’s alignment has caused many zodiac signs to change and there may be a 13th Zodiac sign — Ophiuchus!
According to NBC, Kunkle says that, as expected, as the Earth and Sun move slowly the signs change gradually.
The 12 Zodiac signs were designated to different periods of the year nearly 3,000 years ago and the Earth’s position in relation to the sun has changed since then.
And some scientists reportedly believe there is a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.
But, horoscope readings reportedly shouldn’t be affected.
Did your sign change?
Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
What is Ophiuchus?
The 13th sign of the zodiac, unlike the other 12 signs is actually associated with a real person. In the 27th Century BCE in Ancient Egypt lived a man known as Imhotep. Imhotep was known as ‘Aesclepius’ by the Ancient Greeks, however the attributes are the same under either name.
One of Imhoteps abilities was healing and it is said that it was he who introduced it to mankind. His accomplishments also included a wide knowledge of medicine. The serpent or snake symbol which is still used today to symbolize the medical profession was also used to represent Imhotep.
Below is a list of attributes associated with the Serpent Holder, Imhotep i.e Aesclepius. The descriptions below are associated with the 13th sign – Ophiuchus.
- Many people are envious of this subject as he progresses well throughout life.
- A seeker of wisdom and knowledge
- Many people are jealous of this person
- Tends to go for the more flamboyant in dress sense, favouring bright colours.
- Authority looks upon him well.
- Would make a great architect or builder.
- Number 12 is this persons lucky number.
- This person will have a big family but leave home at an early age.
- interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions,
- attracts good luck and fruitful blessings,
- serpent holder, lofty ideals,
- a seeker of peace and harmony,
- doctor of medicine or science, natural-pathic,
- adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
- poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities,
- seeks higher education and wisdom,
- overseer, supervisor of work,
- fame – either grand, or completely misunderstood,
- longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man,
- architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally,
- tax assessor, or levys taxes,
- astrological talents, intuitive,
- large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
- the number twelve holds great significance,
- foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times,
- has secret enemies in family or close associations,
- many jealous of this subject,
- notable father, apple of father’s eye when young,
- high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
- feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality,
- likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, and plaids in particular,
- receives the favor of those in authority.